Chipping Campden to Bath
9 nights; 8 days walking
The 100 mile (161km) Cotswold Way is now deservedly designated as a National Trail. You will walk the route from north to south through a varied landscape of steep escarpments with far-reaching views, grassy plateaux, and wooded valleys. You will start in Chipping Campden, the 'Jewel of the Cotswolds' and finish in the beautiful World Heritage city of Bath.
High points along the escarpment include Dover's Hill, Shenbarrow Hill, Crickley Hill, Cleeve Hill, Leckhampton Hill, Haresfield Beacon, Painswick Beacon and Stinchcombe Hill, whilst the route passes through many picturesque Cotswold towns and villages including Chipping Campden, Broadway, Snowshill, Stanton, Stanway, Winchcombe, Painswick and Wotton-under-Edge. From the stage end at Leckhampton Hill we will take you just off route and into the handsome Regency spa town of Cheltenham for an overnight.
Significant historical sites, along the route include Hailes Abbey, Sudeley Castle, and the Neolithic sites at Belas Knap and Hetty Peglar's Tump.
Approximate daily distances:
- Chipping Campden to Stanton - 12 miles (19 kms)
- Stanton to Cleeve Hill - 14 miles (22 kms)
- Cleeve Hill to Leckhampton Hill - 11 miles (18 kms)
- Leckhampton Hill to Painswick - 13 miles (20 kms)
- Painswick to Uley Bury - 14 miles (22 kms)
- Uley Bury to Hawkesbury Upton - 15 miles (24 kms)
- Hawkesbury Upton to Cold Ashton - 14 miles (22 kms)
- Cold Ashton to Bath - 11 miles (18 kms)
- All of the above prices are per person, and based upon two guests sharing a double or twin-bedded room.
- Single traveller supplement; £60 per night (more about solo traveller supplements and single room supplements).
- Discounts available for parties of three or more guests.
Currency Converter: All of our prices are in British pounds. To estimate the cost in another currency use the currency converter here.
Onward travel: Public bus ot taxi
Travel information - finish
Rail: Bath Spa
Onward travel: On foot or taxi